Inspired by the text Where the Forest Meets the Sea by Jeannie Baker, this pack contains reading comprehension sheets using the QAR (Question and Response) reading strategy to walk students through the text. Vocabulary cards assist students to explore keywords and craft sheets help students explore visual comprehension. Comes with a story retell slider to assist younger students retell the story.
PLEASE NOTE: the text from the book/whole book as a download is NOT included in this pack due to copyright restrictions. You can purchase the book from any good bookshop or your school library will have a copy. This download is an accompaniment to the book, you will need to have read or currently be reading this book with your students before starting these activities.
In this easy to use pack you will find:
- Sequence the story sheet (story retell: write and draw)
- 16 Vocabulary Cards (use as vocabulary cards or post on the board as you read the text and come across that word in the sentence)
- 2 Colouring pages
- Cut and Paste Collage Pictures
- Venn Diagram (Rainforest then and now)
- Rainforest Senses Sheet
- Sea Senses Sheet
- 10 QAR Reading Comprehension Sheets levelled from easy to hard
- Story Slider Retell Activity
Aligned with Australian Curriculum for K-2:
- Exploring illustrations and noun groups/phrases in picture books to identify how the participants have been represented by an illustrator
Where the Forest Meets the Sea Literacy Activities
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
5 MB|25 pages