A great introduction to the study of places, this activity pack allows students to discover information about Ireland such as its location in the world, symbols, celebrations, food and more. Real photographs and details maps will guide your students through some of the key places and traditions in Ireland.
Inside this pack you will find:
- Posters (colour)
- Photographic Slides
- Spinner for retells
- FlipBook to record research
- Research Sheets with links
- Reading Comprehension Sheets
- Paper Dolls
- Vocabulary Cards
- Word Search
- Display Materials
- Colouring Pages
Aligns to the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 2, 3 & 5 HASS:
- The location of Australia’s neighbouring countries and the diverse characteristics of their places.
- Days and weeks celebrated or commemorated in Australia (including Australia Day, Anzac Day, and National Sorry Day) and the importance of symbols and emblems.
- The way the world is represented in geographic divisions and the location of Australia in relation to these divisions.
- The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and human.
- The influence of people on the environmental characteristics of places in Europe and North America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia.
- Using geographical tools (for example, a globe, wall map or digital application such as Google Earth) to identify the relative location of the major countries of Europe and North America and their environmental characteristics.
All about Ireland
Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
12 MB|60 pages