This mapping pack will help your students understand what the Australian states and territories are and where the capitals are located. Students can use the hands-on activities to map Australia's climate, position in the Southern Hemisphere and location worldwide. The companion PowerPoint slides will guide students through each worksheet (with written and cut-and-paste options), the lapbook templates create a fun research project for students, and the fact cards will help guide them in their exploration of each state and territory.
This easy-to-use, best-selling packet includes a PowerPoint and Worksheets on:
- Where is Australia located?
- What countries are near Australia?
- How close is Australia to the equator?
- Which hemisphere is Australia in?
- What is the climate in Australia?
- What are the States and Territories of Australia?
- Where are the capital cities of Australia?
- What is the flag of Australia?
- What are the other flags of Australia?
- Fact Cards:
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Australian Capital Territory
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- Research lapbook templates
- Australia puzzle pieces
Australia Mapping Activity States Territories and Capitals
PDF and PowerPoint 50 pages + 9 slides
Year 2 HASS Geography:
- The way the world is represented in geographic divisions and the location of Australia in relation to these divisions (ACHASSK047)
- The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and human (ACHASSK066)
- The main climate types of the world and the similarities and differences between the climates of different places (ACHASSK068)