If you're looking to explore Australian animals you can't go past this pack! This pack focuses on Australian native mammals and explores what a mammal is and the different types of mammals: marsupials, monotrems and placentals.
Inside this pack you will find:
- Worksheet explaining the three types of mammals: marsupials, monotremes and placentals
- Worksheet: What are marsupial mammals?
- Worksheet: What are monotreme mammals?
- Worksheet: What are placental mammals?
- Flip book for students to work through: Australian Native Mammals
- Colour photographic posters on Australian mammals: Koala, Kangaroo, Echidna, Quokka, Tasmanian Devil, Platypus, Wombat, Sugar Glider and Possum
- Craft Activity (all the template materials you need to make the craftivity pictured: Placental (Dolphin), monotreme (Platypus) and Marsupial (Koala)
- Colouring pages: Koala, Kangaroo, Possum, Echidna, Platypus, Wombat and Tasmanian Devil
This activity is aligned to the Australian Curriculum for:
Foundation Year, Year 1 and Year 2 Science:
- Living things have needs
- Living things have a variety of external features
- Living things grow and produce offspring similar to themselves
Australian Animals Craft Mammals Thematic Unit
File Type: PDF
Number of pages: 39
Suggested Year Levels: Foundation - Year 1