Try something different with your Christmas Around the World exploration this year! Introduce your students to South African food and traditions while exploring where South Africa is on the map. Create a fantastic classroom display with the South African bunting and brochures to hand out to visitors. Students will also love making the paper dolls to add to the class display!
In this easy-to-use pack you will find the following activities:
- Where is South Africa?
- Map activity
- What is the South African flag?
- Mini South African flags to decorate your room
- South African bunting for decoration
- Welcome to South Africa sign
- Christmas in South Africa sign
- Traditional Christmas Food
- Traditions for South Africa
- Information Card on South Africa
- Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- Flyer hand out for visitors to your classroom
- Colouring page on South Africa
- Foldable brochure on South Africa to hand out
- South African Christmas paper dolls to make
Christmas in South Africa I Holidays Around the World
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6 MB|26 pages
Foundation Year History
How they, their family and friends commemorate past events that are important to them (ACHASSK012)
Year 1 History
How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time, as well as by dates and changes that may have personal significance, such as birthdays, celebrations and seasons (ACHASSK029)
Year 3 History
Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world, including those that are observed in Australia (for example, Christmas Day, Diwali, Easter, Hanukkah, the Moon Festival and Ramadan) (ACHASSK065)