Why not take your class to The Philippines in your next social studies lesson? Introduce your students to Filipino food and traditions while exploring where The Philippines is on the map. Create a fantastic classroom display with Filipino bunting and brochures to hand out to visitors to your classroom. Students will also love making paper dolls to add to the class display, and the handy flip book will help solidify learning.
In this easy-to-use pack you will find the following activities:
- Where is the Philippines?
- Map activity
- What is the Filipino flag?
- Mini Filipino flags to decorate your room
- Filipino bunting for decoration
- Welcome to the Philippines sign
- Christmas in the Philippines sign
- Traditional Christmas Food
- Traditions for the Philippines
- Information Card on the Philippines
- Embutido Recipe
- Flyer hand out for visitors to your classroom
- Colouring page on the Philippines
- Foldable brochure on the Philippines to hand out
- Christmas in the Philippines Flipbook
- Filipino Christmas paper dolls to make
Christmas in the Philippines I Holidays Around the World
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6 MB|26 pages
Foundation Year History
How they, their family and friends commemorate past events that are important to them (ACHASSK012)
Year 1 History
How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time, as well as by dates and changes that may have personal significance, such as birthdays, celebrations and seasons (ACHASSK029)
Year 3 History
Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world, including those that are observed in Australia (for example, Christmas Day, Diwali, Easter, Hanukkah, the Moon Festival and Ramadan) (ACHASSK065)