This year you can take your students and any visitors to your classroom, to the Philippines! Introduce your students to Filipino food and traditions while exploring where the Philippines is on the map. Create a fantastic classroom display with the Filipino bunting and brochures to hand out to visitors. Students will also love making the paper dolls to add to the class display!
In this easy-to-use pack you will find the following activities:
- Where is the Philippines?
- Map activity
- What is the Filipino flag?
- Mini Filipino flags to decorate your room
- Filipino bunting for decoration
- Welcome to the Philippines sign
- Christmas in the Philippines sign
- Traditional Christmas Food
- Traditions for the Philippines
- Information Card on the Philippines
- Embutido Recipe
- Flyer hand out for visitors to your classroom
- Colouring page on the Philippines
- Foldable brochure on the Philippines to hand out
- Filipino Christmas paper dolls to make
Directly applies to the following curriculum strands in the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 2 HASS: Students identify countries in the world and identify their connection to them through the study of their way of life.
Christmas in the Philippines I Holidays Around the World
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6 MB|26 pages