These climate vocabulary cards and posters will help your students to understand what the major climate zones in Australia are. They came with 3 options: vocabulary cards for your word wall (with image and student-friendly definition), large poster with image, and large poster you can turn into either a student workbook piece or colour and decorate for the classroom wall.
Inside this easy-to-use pack you will find:
- 11 x Vocabulary cards with student-friendly definitions
- Illustrated Posters with student-friendly definitions: climate zones, climate, weather, atmosphere, biome, Australia's climate zones
- Climate Zones Posters with student-friendly definitions and illustrations: Equatorial, Tropical, Subtropical, Desert, Grasslands, Temperate
- Worksheets with illustration and student-friendly definitions: as listed above
- World Climate Zones Flip Book
- Sorting Activity: What is the difference between weather and climate?
- Climate Maps: World, Australia (with matching colouring sheet)
Aligns to the following curriculum strands in the Australian Curriculum (ACARA):
for Year 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 HASS (Geography):
- describing the daily and seasonal weather of their place by its rainfall, temperature, sunshine and wind, and comparing it with the weather of other places that they know or are aware of
- The weather and seasons of places and the ways in which different cultural groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, describe them
- examining how weather contributes to a climate type
- Considering the effect of events such as floods and extreme weather on the landscape, both in Australia and in the Asia region
- The impact of bushfires or floods on environments and communities, and how people can respond
- considering the effect of drought on living and non-living aspects of the environment
Climate Zones Australia Maps Vocabulary Cards and Posters
Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
10 MB|40 pages