Explore the celebration of the 4th of July with your social studies students with many exciting activities to help you create an engaging history lesson for First Grade or Second Grade students. Create wonderful wall displays with posters, word walls and writing tasks. Use the word search for those fast finishers and the fact sheets to help young students understand the meaning behind this national day.
This easy-to-use packet includes:
- 3 posters
- vocabulary for your word wall
- doodle colouring page
- 3 fact sheets
- America's National Anthem vocabulary sheet
- other national days worksheet
- other national days match up
- United States bulletin board balloons
- writing bulletin board displays
- write a letter to a new visitor to America
- word search (with an answer sheet)
Fourth of July Activities
PDF 32 pages
Aligns to the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Foundation Year, Year 2, 3 and 6 HASS:
- Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world (for example, Chinese New Year in countries of the Asia region).
- The geographical diversity of the Asia region and the location of its major countries in relation to Australia.
- The representation of the location of places and their features on simple maps and models
- The connections of people in Australia to people in other places in Australia and across the world
- The influence of people on the environmental characteristics of places in Europe and North America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia.
- The main characteristics of the continents of Africa and South America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia.
- Describing the relative location of places and their features in Australia and in selected countries of North America and Europe.