This year take your class to Israel and show them how Hanukkah is celebrated. Introduce your students to Israeli food and traditions while exploring where Israel is on the map. Create a fantastic classroom display with the Israeli bunting and brochures to hand out to visitors. Students will also love making the paper dolls to add to the class display!
In this easy-to-use pack you will find the following activities:
- Where is Israel?
- Map activity
- What is the Israeli flag?
- Mini Israeli flags to decorate your room
- Israeli bunting for decoration
- Welcome to Israel sign
- Hannukah sign
- Traditional Hannukah Food
- Traditions for Hannukah
- Information Card on Israeli Traditions (Hannukah)
- Vegetable Latkes Recipe
- Flyer hand out for visitors to your classroom
- Colouring page on Hanukkah
- Foldable brochure on Hanukkah to hand out
- Hanukkah paper dolls to make
Hanukkah Israel I Holidays Around the World
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6 MB|26 pages
Foundation Year History
How they, their family and friends commemorate past events that are important to them (ACHASSK012)
Year 1 History
How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time, as well as by dates and changes that may have personal significance, such as birthdays, celebrations and seasons (ACHASSK029)
Year 3 History
Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world, including those that are observed in Australia (for example, Christmas Day, Diwali, Easter, Hanukkah, the Moon Festival and Ramadan) (ACHASSK065)