This year take your class to Israel and show them how Hanukkah is celebrated. Introduce your students to Israeli food and traditions while exploring where Israel is on the map. Create a fantastic classroom display with the Israeli bunting and brochures to hand out to visitors. Students will also love making the paper dolls to add to the class display!
In this easy-to-use pack you will find the following activities:
- Where is Israel?
- Map activity
- What is the Israeli flag?
- Mini Israeli flags to decorate your room
- Israeli bunting for decoration
- Welcome to Israel sign
- Hannukah sign
- Traditional Hannukah Food
- Traditions for Hannukah
- Information Card on Israeli Traditions (Hannukah)
- Vegetable Latkes Recipe
- Flyer hand out for visitors to your classroom
- Colouring page on Hanukkah
- Foldable brochure on Hanukkah to hand out
- Hanukkah paper dolls to make
Directly applies to the following curriculum strands in the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 2 HASS: Students identify countries in the world and identify their connection to them through the study of their way of life.
Hanukkah Israel I Holidays Around the World
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6 MB|26 pages