Make math fun again with these math problem-solving worksheets with a space theme! Included in this pack are 20 worksheets for your next math centre that your First Grade, Second Grade or Third Grade students will love!
Included in this easy-to-use pack are 20 space-themed worksheets, each with a different math word problem to solve using the following math skills so you can easily differentiate:
- Cut and Paste the answer
- Easy division (sharing) to 20
- Number line (counting forwards and backwards from 20)
- Counting in 5s and 10s
- Multiplying by 2
- Drawing out the answer
- Parts Part Whole (or parts of the whole)
- Make a table
- Find the pattern
Students are encouraged to look for key math words in the math word problem, write the sum where possible and the answer out in full.
I have also included a PowerPoint version along with the PDF so you can use this for whole class instruction (answer sheets provided).
Math Word Problems Space Themed
PDF 49 pages + Matching PowerPoint (answers included) in a zip file
Aligns with the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Years 2 and 3:
- recognising there are different ways of representing numbers and identifying patterns going beyond 100
- developing fluency with writing numbers in meaningful contexts
- using a number line
- separating parts of the whole