Set up fun and interactive math centre activities for measurement with these hands-on ideas. Packed with everything you need to teach Kindergarten measurement, this pack will help your students explore weight, height, length, volume and capacity in an engaging and enjoyable way. Each activity comes with teacher instructions, photographed set up examples and signage for your provocation table.
This easy-to-use pack contains the following activities:
- Task cards for long, tall, heavy and light
- Measuring objects with blocks, paperclips, buttons, rulers and more printable objects and worksheets
- Recording Sheets for measuring objects around the classroom.
- Measuring with hands and feet activity
- Comparing lengths of wool activity
- Weighing everyday items in the classroom and comparing
- Sequencing and comparing object pictures
- Sequencing and comparing sized objects from the Three Bears' House
- Comparing most and least activity
- Comparing capacity - How much can they hold?
- Make it longer train carriage activity
- Measuring volume with liquids - which holds the most?
Measurement Math Centre Activities for Kindergarten
PDF 90 pages
Foundation Year Maths: Measurement and Geometry
Use direct and indirect comparisons to decide which is longer, heavier or holds more, and explain reasoning in everyday language (ACMMG00)