These vocabulary cards and posters will help your students to understand what natural disasters are. They came with 4 options: vocabulary cards for your word wall (with image and definition), large poster with image, large poster with real photograph and large poster you can turn into either a student workbook piece or colour and decorate for the classroom wall.
Each vocabulary card has a matching poster with a student-friendly definition.
Terms listed include:
Aligns to the following curriculum strands in the Australian Curriculum (ACARA):
for Year 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 HASS (Geography):
- describing the daily and seasonal weather of their place by its rainfall, temperature, sunshine and wind, and comparing it with the weather of other places that they know or are aware of
- The weather and seasons of places and the ways in which different cultural groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, describe them
- examining how weather contributes to a climate type
- Considering the effect of events such as floods and extreme weather on the landscape, both in Australia and in the Asia region
- The impact of bushfires or floods on environments and communities, and how people can respond
- Researching the scientific work involved in global disaster alerts and communication, such as cyclone, earthquake and tsunami alerts
- considering the effect of drought on living and non-living aspects of the environment
Natural Disasters Vocabulary Cards and Posters
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
13 MB|55 pages