A great introduction to Remembrance Day in your classroom with plenty of activities including a fun craft activity for your feature wall! Vocabulary cards will guide your students through key terms and information sheets will provide your students will a guide to how the armed forces are organised in different countries.
Included in this easy-to-use pack are:
- 3 Colour Posters (one with US date format and one with UK/Aus date format)
- Colouring page
- 20 Word Wall Cards with definitions
- Remembrance Day lap book (who, what, when, why)
- Remembrance Day Worksheet - What is it?
- Remembrance Day Timeline of major wars since 1914 plus a blank timeline
- Remembrance Day Worksheets Armed Forces Worksheets (USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand)
- Armed Forces comparison Venn Diagram
- Wall Display Craft (What Remembrance Day means to me)
- Write a letter to a veteran
- Remembrance Day Word Search Plus Answer Sheet
Remembrance Day Activities
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
8 MB|45 pages
Year 3 HASS
- Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world (for example, Chinese New Year in countries of the Asiaregion, Bastille Day in France, Independence Day in the USA), including those that are observed in Australia (for example, Christmas Day, Diwali, Easter, Hanukkah, the Moon Festival and Ramadan) (ACHASSK065).
- Days and weeks celebrated or commemorated in Australia (including Australia Day, Anzac Day, and National Sorry Day) and the importance of symbols and emblems (ACHASSK064)