If you want to save time on your Science planning this year, you can't go past this thorough pack of resources, lesson plans and a ready-made assessment to make your Year 2 Science - Earth and Space Sciences lessons go smoothly.
Closely aligned to the new Australian Curriculum 9.0, these lessons will guide your students through each knowledge and understanding and unpack the skills required for each elaboration - saving you so much time!
Unlike some resource packs sold online, these packs cover every single ACARA Science Understanding & Science as a Human Endeavour elaboration, so there are no empty spaces in your curriculum coverage!
See why teachers love this pack:
"Very useful to have these activities on hand in my composite class this year!"
"A super product with easy to implement activities for this section of the science curriculum."
1. What objects can we see in space?
2. What does the Earth look like from space?
3. What is the solar system?
4. What can we see in the sky during the day and night?
5. How do shadows change with the position of the sun?
6. How does the moon change shape during the month?
7. How do different objects move across the sky?
8. What patterns can we see as the moon and stars change appearance at different times of the year?
9. How does the moon change during ‘blue’, ‘blood’ or ‘super’ moons?
10. How do Australia's First Nations Peoples describe the patterns in the changing position of the sun, moon and stars?
Year 2 Science Earth and Space Sciences Australian Curriculum 9.0
Zipped File 67 page PDF + 3 PowerPoints + Assessment & Editable Rubrics
Year 2 Science - Earth and Space Sciences
recognise Earth is a planet in the solar system and identify patterns in the changing position of the sun, moon, planets and stars in the sky (AC9S2U01)