If you want to save time on your Science planning this year, you can't go past this thorough pack of resources, lesson plans and a ready-made assessment to make your Year 3 Earth and Space Sciences lessons go smoothly.
Closely aligned to the new Australian Curriculum 9.0, these lessons will guide your students through each knowledge and understanding and unpack the skills required for each elaboration - saving you so much time!
Unlike some resource packs sold online, these packs cover every single ACARA Science Understanding & Science as a Human Endeavour elaboration, so there are no empty spaces in your curriculum coverage!
See why teachers love this pack:
"Fun and engaging activities and learning tasks for students"
"Great Resource - My students really enjoyed the activities"
"Amazing resource. A real time saver."
1. How can we use magnifying glasses to observe different types of soils?
2. What different types of rocks are there?
3. What are minerals?
4. Where can we find rocks in the built and natural environment?
5. How do First Nations Australians use their knowledge of rock and mineral types for different items?
6. How does soil support living things?
7. What vocabulary can be used to describe different plant soils?
8. Where are rocks and minerals quarried or mined locally or regionally?
Year 3 Earth and Space Sciences Australian Curriculum 9.0
Zipped Files 69 page PDF + 4 PowerPoints + Assessment & Editable Rubric
ACARA Alignment 9.0
Year 3 Science - Earth and Space Sciences
compare the observable properties of soils, rocks and minerals and investigate why they are important Earth resources (AC9S3U02)