Saint Patrick's Day Literacy Sheets suitable for K-1 Students and perfect for literacy stations or homework. Both UK and US spelling variations are included in this pack. Bring some seasonal fun into your literacy centers!
Included in this easy-to-use pack are:
- Shade the Words Rainbow - Read and shade
- Number Words - Count, read and shade
- Big and Small Match-Up - Read, match up and shade
- Make a sentence 1 - Read, cut, glue and shade
- Make a sentence 2 - Read, cut, glue and shade
- Write a sentence 1 - Count, read, write and shade
- Write a sentence 2 - Read, write and shade
- Write a sentence 3 - Count, read, write and shade
- Rhyming Words - Read and shade
- Matching Activity - Read, match and shade
Directly applies to the following Common Core Standards for K and Year 1 Language Arts
* Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
* Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
* Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
* Print many upper- and lowercase letters.
* Capitalize the first word in a sentence and the pronoun I
* Use end punctuation for sentences.
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum for Foundation and Year 1
* Understand that punctuation is a feature of the written text different from letters; recognise how capital letters are used for names, and that capital letters and full stops signal the beginning and end of sentences.
* Recognise that sentences are key units for expressing ideas.
* Recognise that different types of punctuation, including full stops, question marks and exclamation marks, signal sentences that make statements, ask questions, express emotion or give commands.
St Patrick's Day Literacy Activities
PDF(4 MB|13 pages)