This measurement pack focuses on telling the time and covers o'clock, half past, quarter to and past in both analog and digital clocks. Coming with step-by-step instructions for each activity, printable and assessment sheet, this pack will help you cover every area of teaching time to students.
This easy-to-use packet covers:
- Step-by-step instructions
- What is a clock?
- How do we use time to help us in our everyday lives?
- Analog: Introducing the hour hand & the term 'o'clock'
- Analog: Introducing the minute hand and the term 'half past'
- Analog: 'quarter past' and 'quarter to' & minutes past and to the hour
- Digital: 'o'clock', 'half past' & 'quarter past' and 'quarter to'
Contains worksheets, suitable formative or summative assessment sheets, sorting cards, printables for wall displays and large wrist watches so students can show what they know!
Meets the Australian curriculum requirements (ACARA) for Year 1 & 2
- Students count in 5s
- Students explain time duration
- Students tell time to the half hour in both analog and digital clocks
- Tell time to the quarter-hour, using the language of 'past' and 'to'
- describing the characteristics of quarter-past times on an analogue clock, and identifying that the small hand is pointing just past the number and the big hand is pointing to the three
Telling Time - Measurement
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
18 MB|85 pages