This research pack will help your students understand the key events that shaped the nation of America. It will also provide them with background information about the history of Independence Day in an easy-to-use format perfect for your social studies.
This pack contains:
- Posters, display materials and word walls so you can create a fantastic classroom display to demonstrate student learning.
- Graphic organisers including a flipbook & KWL chart
- Timelines - one completed and one blank for students to fill in
- Vocabulary activities on keywords and meanings in the Declaration of Independence
- Research sheets on Boston Merchants and the writing of the Declaration complete with useful website links
- Writing activities to move students to higher-order thinking and display their learning.
Declaration of Independence Activities
PDF (5 MB|24 pages)
Year 3, 4 and 6 HASS:
- The influence of people on the environmental characteristics of places in Europe and North America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia.
- Key figures, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation and Constitution