This pack is a great way to keep your students engaged with their social studies lesson by exploring changes to clothing over time. The pack contains real photographs and links to websites (with additional QR codes), along with reading texts to help your students complete the research diorama and display their work.
This easy-to-use packet includes:
- Then and Now Venn Diagram
- 8 x Then and Now Colour Timeline Images
- Sequencing familiar objects and events timeline: clothes with answer sheet and cut and paste images
- How clothes have changed over time flipbook
- 4 x Comparing clothes from the past recording sheets with 4 x answer sheets
- 8 x Information sheets on clothing from the 1920s - 1990s with website links and QR codes
- 2 x Clothes of the future worksheet
- 2 x Communicating family stories worksheets to send home
- 1 x Then and Now Interview a family member worksheet to send home
- 8 x colouring pages on each decade of clothing from 1920 - 1990
- Diorama research display foldable (one for each year)
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 1 and 2 History:
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- Examining changes in technology over several generations by comparing past and present objects and photographs, and discussing how these changes have shaped people’s lives.
Long Ago and Today / Then and Now Social Studies History of Clothing
PDF(16 MB|71 pages)