There is nothing kids love more than talking about toys! When studying long ago and today the history of toys is always THE most engaging lesson for my students. This comprehensive pack covers the history of toys from 1950 to today with real photographs, reading texts, dioramas, timelines, website links and QR codes.
This easy-to-use pack includes:
- Then and Now Venn Diagram
- 6 x Then and Now Colour Timeline Images
- Sequencing familiar objects and events timeline: toys with answer sheet and cut and paste images
- How toys have changed over time flipbook
- 4 x Comparing toys from the past recording sheets with 4 x answer sheets
- 6 x Information sheets on toys from the 1950s - 2000s with website links and QR codes
- 2 x Toys of the future worksheet
- 2 x Communicating family stories worksheets to send home
- 1 x Then and Now Interview a family member worksheet to send home
- 6 x colouring pages on each decade of toys from 1950 - 2000
- Diorama research display foldable (one for each year)
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 1 and 2 History:
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- Examining changes in technology over several generations by comparing past and present objects and photographs, and discussing how these changes have shaped people’s lives.
Long Ago and Today / Then and Now Social Studies History of Toys
PDF(10 MB|56 pages)