This is the perfect pack for those students who want something a little more engaging. Exploring the history of gaming consoles will have your students hooked right from the start and is particularly useful as an extension activity for higher-level students within your class. This comprehensive pack covers the history of gaming consoles from the earliest types of consoles to today's gaming consoles with real photographs, reading texts, timelines, website links and QR codes. It also has a wonderful diorama with which to display student work.
This easy-to-use pack includes:
- Then and Now Venn Diagram
- 6 x Then and Now Colour Timeline Images
- Sequencing familiar objects and events timeline: gaming consoles with answer sheet and cut and paste images
- How gaming consoles have changed over time flipbook
- 3 x Comparingconsoles from the past recording sheets with answer sheets
- 6 x Information sheets on gaming consoles from 1960s - 2010s with website links and QR codes
- 1 x Gaming consoles of the future worksheet
- 6 x colouring pages on each decade of consoles from the 1960s - 2010s
- Diorama research display foldable (one for each year)
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 1 and 2 History:
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- Examining changes in technology over several generations by comparing past and present objects and photographs, and discussing how these changes have shaped people’s lives.
Long Ago and Today Then Now Social Studies Activities History of Gaming Consoles
PDF(9 MB|50 pages)