The history of cooking and stoves is valuable for students to consider when comparing life from the past with today. This comprehensive pack covers the history of stoves from the earliest types of firepits to today's stoves with real photographs, reading texts, timelines, website links and QR codes. It also has a wonderful diorama with which to display student work.
This easy-to-use pack includes:
- Then and Now Venn Diagram
- 11 x Then and Now Colour Timeline Images
- Sequencing familiar objects and events timeline: stoves with answer sheet and cut and paste images
- How stoves have changed over time flipbook
- 3 x Comparing stoves from the past recording sheets with answer sheets
- 5 x Information sheets on stoves from Pre 1700s - 2000s with website links and QR codes
- 1 x Stoves of the future worksheet
- 2 x Communicating family stories worksheets to send home
- 1 x Then and Now Interview a family member worksheet to send home
- 6 x colouring pages on each decade of stoves from Pre1700 - 2000
- Diorama research display foldable (one for each year)
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 1 and 2 History:
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- Examining changes in technology over several generations by comparing past and present objects and photographs, and discussing how these changes have shaped people’s lives.
Long Ago and Today Then Now Social Studies Activities History of Stoves
PDF(9 MB|45 pages)