Exploring the history of telephones will have your students hooked on history! This comprehensive pack covers the history of telephones from the earliest types of phones to today's iPhones with reading texts, timelines, website links and QR codes. It also has a wonderful diorama with which to display student work.
This easy-to-use pack includes:
- Then and Now Venn Diagram
- 5 x Then and Now Colour Timeline Images
- Sequencing timeline: telephones with answer sheet and cut and paste images
- How telephones have changed over time flipbook
- 3 x Comparing telephones from the past recording sheets with answer sheets
- 6 x Information sheets on telephones from 1876 - today with website links and QR codes
- 2 x Telephones of the future worksheet
- 3 x colouring pages of telephones
- 2 x Communicating family stories (interview with a family member)
- 1 x Interview a family member
- Diorama research display foldable (one for each year)
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) for Year 1 and 2 History:
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- Examining changes in technology over several generations by comparing past and present objects and photographs, and discussing how these changes have shaped people’s lives.
Long Ago and Today Then Now Social Studies Activities History of Telephones
PDF (11 MB|45 pages)