Your students will love learning about the history of Christmas in the past and compare it to how we celebrate Christmas today in this fun and engaging activity pack. Reading texts and comprehension questions will guide students through the history of Christmas traditions such as card & present giving, Santa, Christmas dinner, Christmas Candles, trees and more!
This easy-to-use packet includes:
- Timeline Flashcards - so you can create a fantastic history wall display
- Sorting Activity with answer sheet
- 9 Reading Text and Comprehension Questions Sheets - covering major holiday traditions
- FlipBook - to record research
Aligned to the Australian Curriculum for Years 1 and 2:
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- The impact of changing technology on people’s lives.
Then and Now Social Studies History of Christmas Traditions
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
7 MB|29 pages