Aligned with the Foundation Year Maths Australian Curriculum 9.0, these maths activities will keep your students on-task and engaged throughout their maths lessons. This pack includes hands-on, colourful and fun number activities for your maths centres, lesson plans, teacher checklist, assessment tasks and an editable marking rubric, all aligned closely with ACARA 9.0.
THIS PACK COVERS...
Foundation Year Maths: Number - Subitising
Contained in this pack you will find:
➡️2 lessons aligned with each elaboration:
- How can subitising help us to count quickly?
- What games can we play with subitising?
➡️ 1 PowerPoint you can use as a whole class for an introduction to topics or as revision before the start of each lesson
➡️ 7 different hands-on printable activities you can use to teach each lesson and as reinforcement activities for math centres in subsequent lessons
➡️ Assessment checklist
➡️ Assessment booklet (to use as a formative or summative assessment)
➡️ Editable marking rubric
You may also enjoy my other ACARA 9.0 packs:
* Please Note: If you are having any trouble saving this large zipped file due to the length of the title or the file size, try saving the file to your desktop and unzipping there first.
Foundation Year Maths Number Subitising ACARA 9.0
1 x PDF (39 pages), 1 x PPT, 1 x PPT editable rubric
ALIGNED WITH ACARA 9.0
Foundation Year Maths - Number
recognise and name the number of objects within a collection up to 5 using subitising
- recognising how many objects are in a collection or in images on a card with a quick look and saying the associated number without counting
- playing instructive card games that rely on the recognition of numbers represented in different ways; for example, playing memory games, matching pairs of quantities on dot cards or similar where the arrangement on each is different; using subitising to compare and order collections and to say who has more when sharing items in a game.