If you're looking for an engaging way for students to make comparisons of life in the past with today in their social studies, then this pack will keep your students engaged with these awesome hands-on activities. This huge resource is no prep and easy to use making it perfect for distance learning.
Topics covered in this pack are:
- Music Players
- Washing Dishes
- Writing Tools
* SEE WHY THIS IS MY BEST SELLING PACK FOR OVER 6 YEARS *
This easy-to-use packet includes:
- Instructions and lesson plan ideas
- 5 Ws for history research flashcards
- Reading Text and Comprehension Question Sheets for each topic
- Research Activity Sheets with QR codes linked to videos for each topic
- Clipart flashcards for each topic for your wall display (in colour & black and white)
- Printable colour shorting images for each topic
- Real photographs of each topic then and now
- Venn Diagram
- Timeline Cut and Paste Activity (with boxes or blank) with answer sheet
- Then and Now Simple Cut and Paste Activity with answer sheet
- Simple research sheets with the 5 Ws for younger students
- Small flashcards for your wall or to bind and help students write with
- Colouring pages
- Interview a family member sheets
- Interactive FlipBook
- Diorama of life in the past.
Long Ago and Today / Then and Now Social Studies Activities
PDF (19 MB|87 pages)
Year 1 and 2 History (HASS):
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- Examining changes in technology over several generations by comparing past and present objects and photographs, and discussing how these changes have shaped people’s lives.