Your students will love learning about the history of Christmas in the past and compare it to how we celebrate Christmas today in this fun and engaging Google Slides activity pack. Reading texts and comprehension questions will guide students through the history of Christmas traditions such as card & present giving, Santa, Christmas dinner, Christmas Candles, trees and more!
If you'd prefer the printable version click here.
These easy-to-use slides include:
- Timeline Flashcards sequencing activity (click and drag)
- Christmas Traditions sorting activity (click and drag)
- 9 Reading Text and Comprehension Questions Sheets (short answer typing)
Long Ago & Today Then & Now Christmas Google Slides ™ Distance Learning
PDF link to Google Slides (2 MB|12 pages)
- Differences in family structures and roles today, and how these have changed or remained the same over time
- How the present, past and future are signified by terms indicating time such as ‘a long time ago’, ‘then and now’, ‘now and then’, ‘old and new’, ‘tomorrow’.
- Differences and similarities between students' daily lives and life during their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods, including family traditions, leisure time and communications.
- The impact of changing technology on people’s lives.