Your students will love learning about the history of Christmas in the past and compare it to how we celebrate Christmas today in this fun and engaging Google Slides activity pack. Reading texts and comprehension questions will guide students through the history of Christmas traditions such as card & present giving, Santa, Christmas dinner, Christmas Candles, trees and more!
If you'd prefer the printable version click here.
These easy-to-use slides include:
- Timeline Flashcards sequencing activity (click and drag)
- Christmas Traditions sorting activity (click and drag)
- 9 Reading Text and Comprehension Questions Sheets (short answer typing)
Long Ago & Today Then & Now Christmas Google Slides ™ Distance Learning
PDF link to Google Slides (2 MB|12 pages)
Year 1 HASS
- how places change and how they can be cared for by different groups including First Nations Australians (AC9HS1K04)
- continuity and change between aspects of their daily lives and their parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods (AC9HS1K02)
Year 2 HASS
- how technological developments changed people’s lives at home, and in the ways they worked, travelled and communicated (AC9HS2K02)
Year 3 HASS
- causes and effects of changes to the local community, and how people who may be from diverse backgrounds have contributed to these changes (AC9HS3K01)